Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sights & Souls at Loraine County Fair...















Today was another great day...I spent the day hanging out with Clara, Cody, Jason & Jessie -- Jessie had to work this morning...BOO work...but I was out of my pjs before she got home...I'm certain she was impressed...AND then we took Marley to stay with Jessie's parents while we go to DC...

On our way back from Akron we took a small detour -- something like 30 miles -- to have Sonic...I would have felt bad about this IF I were the only one who needed to feed my Sonic cravings, but Jessie also LOVES Sonic and we brought Jason a Sonic drink as well...So, it was a lovely side trip through an area of Ohio that does happen to have a Sonic...and Jessie and I also saw a truly funny sign at an ATM machine...I'll post the pic...I can't promise about the order the pics will appear so you'll have to figure it out...BUT think about this...It's at an ATM -- which requires that the person be DRIVING a vehicle AND it's written in not terribly large or obvious print...Enjoy the genius that the sign exemplifies...

After we got back from the Sonic run, we went to the Loraine County Fair...It was in many ways like any county fair I've ever been to...Yep, they have rednecks in Ohio...Apparently no part of the great U. S. of A. is lacking in this particular breed of people...

It was enjoyable. I had to have 'fair food' of course, but rather than the fried cheese, or corn dog, or funnel cake, I opted for sweet potato fries...Pretty yummy...Not too greasy... Something new and different -- which is by the way a big part of travel for me...Doing/Trying things that are new and different...

It's late and we leave for DC tomorrow afternoon...SO... I will leave you with a parting travel quote andl let the pics of tonight's trip to the Loraine County Fair tell the tale for you...

“People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” - Dagobert D. Runes


1 comment:

  1. This blog is sooo fun!! Congrats to you for doing the blog and allowing all of us to share in your journey! Hope you have another great day and can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete