Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Share and share alike...

Input?? Anyone??

If I'm going to share my experiences with you, it would be really great if you'd share your suggestions with me...

"Voluntourism"...seeing the world while doing volunteer work...this appeals to me so very much...anyone know anything about this??? any ideas/suggestions???

Luggage...something original, unique -- in other words something I can identify from the back of the crowd gathered around the luggage carousel...must be durable...must be lightweight -- i don't want to carry my own luggage BUT i do want to be able to carry it when i have to... any ideas/suggestions???

Packing...any tips? any essential knowledge?

Any info will be greatly appreciated...may even earn you a souvenir...or at very least a postcard from your favorite destination along my way.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this! (and I must admit a bit jealous as well.....have had my own weird dream of selling everything I own, buying an RV, and traveling/photographing the country....ha!!) I guess I will just have to live via Melanie for now. Best wishes......have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel - I think this is great! I know you will be miss but what a chance of a lifetime. My suggestions on traveling --- volunteer work - go through the church I bet someone there can set you up with an organization and go from there. Just be careful that you don't get to much on your plate that you don't have time to enjoy your travels. Not sure on the luggage but I will think about it. Packing - pack light because you will always buy things and you will need room in that suitcase to bring it home. The most important of course is your camera and a carry on with clean panties and a toothbrush. HAHA Love ya and have fun. May God bless you during your 09 tour.
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel so so so excited for you. I wish I had tips on "voluntourism, luggage and packing" because that would mean I had been traveling somewhere other than Dallas, San Antonio, Austin etc.. :) but I haven't so I can't help there, but I can't wait to read your journey and yes be very jealous. Have fun! Be Safe! and take lots of pictures. Love you more :)

    ReplyDelete