Saturday, August 8, 2009

If I made lists...


I could put a big old check mark by "BUY NEW LUGGAGE" if I actually made lists...And I do sometimes, but I usually actually have three or four different lists...they are all on my handy dandy notes on my iPhone and they are never about one thing. I have some great quotes at the bottom of my grocery list and I have the name of this dress designer that makes a lot of beautiful dresses that tend to fit me well at the bottom of the list I have about places to see in California. Ok...so I'm really not sure they qualify as lists...more just another place to collect random thoughts...btw, if you're linear I'm guessing that you would love the iPhone notes app, you could sit and make lists every time you have a free moment, which I'm certain is important to you because the efficient use of one's time seems to be paramount to linear thinkers...actually the concept of time in general is just something that is more relevant to you than it is to those of us that are random thinkers....please remember this next time i am late to meet you somewhere...I do NOT think my time is more important than yours...I just don't think of time as an absolute...If you've noticed when we've made plans my time schedule always includes ish at the end...ie, I will be there for dinner 6ish... but we are discussing luggage and my first step towards leaving the big LBK not time...

But before I proceed to that, a note to all my linear friends...If you are linear AND you still love me - or at least tolerate me - , and apparently there are more of you out there than I thought, I want you to know that I pick on you because I'm jealous...Ok...so not true, but you were thinking it already so I thought I'd just put it out there. I pick on you because...hmmm...well...because it's fun -- ;) ... It takes all kinds and I appreciate your way of thinking...I don't understand it, but I do appreciate it -- Kinda like modern art...I don't really understand it, but I appreciate it and if it's an honest expression of who someone is and what they feel then it has intrinsic value. Linear thinking has intrinsic value...feel better straight line thinkers?

Oh and luggage...I bought some...I'm excited about it. I bought it at the same retail establishment that I visited last week - online shopping for luggage is just not advisable -- far too many options and in order to have a complete set of what i wanted i'd have had to purchase from more than one online store... so i purchased luggage at the store here, but i bought it from a lovely woman who did not once question my decision or try to lead me to look at 90 other bags and then leave disappointed and not from a semi-creepy older gentleman who would have really been a better used cars salesman than a luggage salesman.

I will admit openly admit that I bought my luggage because it's cute luggage...really cute luggage...and yes, I considered that factor probably more than the durability factor...BUT...i purchased based on one very basic fact...I KNOW MYSELF WELL...and what does that have to do with luggage??? Well I think knowing yourself well should have something to do everything you decide... and in the case of my luggage it certainly did...

I bought the Jansport luggage. The Jansport luggage was on sale and was very reasonably priced. The Jansport luggage also has a SEVEN year warranty. Seven being very significant. I've left my last two professions after FIVE years. What in the hell would make me believe that I'd want the same luggage after SEVEN years when I don't even want to work in the same career after just 5 years? So I bought the Jansport. And it's fabulous. And it matches my 'Reading is Sexy' laptop/book bag that I always tote as my 'personal item' when flying...So, it's functional, fun, and pairs well with the bag I already owned and loved...

I'm going to attach a photo or my luggage...or at least try to...The luggage pic isn't really all that important, but I believe that attaching pics when I'm actually traveling will be extremely important so I want to know how to do it now. And, of course, I do want you all to see my luggage.

Btw...I'm still planning on sharing my scuba lesson adventures...and info about the 'volunturism' opportunities I'm considering...

As far as the scuba...I'll just throw this out there for now... I am not a mouth breather...more on that later...


1 comment: