Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's Time to Start Packing...

Grab your sweaters, jackets, night on Broadway outfits, camera and great/cute walking shoes...It's time, well, almost time for US to head to NYC...
I know, I know, YOU have to work...and take care of hubbies and kids...and take care of pets...and buy groceries...and go to a dozen different events you've got penciled in on your calendar and...and...and...

AND as much as you want to travel with me (and, really, who wouldn't want to travel with me? ;) ...YOU just can't...

BUT, really you can...OR at least you sorta can...You can log on to the blog and share my adventures in NYC with me...I'll be blogging again (I know you're excited, but try to contain yourself...)

Right now, I can best describe my feelings about this trip as giddiness...I am incredibly excited about this trip. I am so excited to see the Big Apple and take a huge bite out of all it has to offer... (Ok, I'll admit that was a bit cliche but sometimes you just gotta go with the obvious ;)

I am traveling with an absolutely wonderful friend of mine named Jessie. She will fly out of Ohio on Wednesday and we will both arrive at LaGuardia close to 6 p.m. that day. There's about a million and one reasons I'm thrilled to be traveling with her...Not the least of which is the fact that she knows I'm crazy and it's actually one of her favorite things about me. She and I have traveled together before (it was her and her family that I did DC and PA -- and Ohio, obviously -- with on the previous leg of the Queen's Travel Tour.) And we make each other laugh....I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be to laugh my way through the big city with one of my best friends...BUT I am so ready to find out what it will be like.

We have a good number of things on our agenda -- including the major touristy things (...which I'm a little torn about...I don't want to be touristy, but how do you not be/seem touristy in the midst of so many sights...I want pics of absolutely everything, but I am going to try not to stand in the middle of busy sidewalks to snap these pics (my friend, Nikki, herself a former New Yorker, strongly suggests moving to the side of the street to take pics AND she also insists that all New Yorkers aren't mean, so I suppose we'll see...) Because we are staying in Brooklyn with relatives of Jessie's, I think we will also see a side of New York that isn't the normal touristy stuff...And I am thrilled about that too.

We are going to see Wicked on Broadway. I have read the book and am so very anxious to go to my first Broadway play. While I realize that going to a Broadway play isn't something you must get all dolled up for...We ARE...I want it to be a special event...And a special outfit will, I think, make it much more so a special night...In addition to the play we will shop, see Ground Zero, see the Empire State Building, see Rockefeller Center (and I heard this weekend that the ice skating ring is open...I don't skate, but I am excited to see others do that...) We will see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...I can't even begin to think of ALL the things we will see...BUT on our final day in New York we will be having brunch at Tavern on the Green followed by a day in Central Park and early evening spa appointments (it's Spa Week ...something I never even knew existed, but something I'm excited about...btw, Spa Week isn't just an NYC thing...IDK if any of the spas in Lubbock participate, but I suppose it's worth checking out AND if you're somewhere besides LBK, you should definitely log on to spaweek.com and see if a spa near you is offering great deals...everyone should pamper themselves at least once a year...Ok, honestly I think more like once a month or maybe even once a day...BUT anyway, it's worth checking out...)

I am emotionally clearly ready to go to NYC...As far as packing and such...hmmm...not so much...BUT tomorrow is packing day. I am going to spend the day organizing outfits, and shoes, and accessories...and then all the other necessities...such as camera batteries...which I gotta go buy about 2 dozen of tomorrow...

So, if anyone can think of anything else I need to be sure I have in my bag, please let me know...

AND although you won't be able to physically get on the plane with me on Wednesday and go to NYC, I really do hope you will find a few minutes every day (or every few days) and explore NYC with me...You never know what's going to happen...BUT you can bet I'll be making every effort to make it fun!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment